Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
Audio-Technica AT4081 Features
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
Audio-Technica AT4081 Specifications
- ELEMENT Ribbon
- POLAR PATTERN Figure-of-eight
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 30-18,000 Hz
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- NOISE 25 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- WEIGHT 152 g (5.4 oz)
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.