A classic compressor with classic control meets the 500 series for your lunchbox!
This is the stereo pair, factory listing.
- ZenPro Mod Edition
- ZenPro Mod Pairs
- *see other listings
The dbx 560A Compressor/Limiter offers legendary VCA-based compression in the increasingly popular 500 Series format. dbx has a much-heralded history with modular processors dating back to our 900 Series and the 560A continues that tradition.
Featuring the same switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves as our industry-standard dbx 160A rackmount processor, the dbx 560A will be your new workhorse compressor! With extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls and true RMS level detection providing the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, the 560A will provide punch to drums, bass, vocals, almost anything! It’s also versatile enough to go from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting.
Choose low ratios and OverEasy compression to expertly smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels, or use the 560A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals.
The 560A's 19-segment, switchable Input/Output LEDs and 12-segment Gain Reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance. And, the dbx 560A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway mix levels.
Load up your 500 Series rack with some dbx 560A Compressor/Limiters and go to work!
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx’s ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity:1 to -1:1
- Precise RMS gain reduction and input/output meter displays with calibration control for different operating levels
- True RMS level detection
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression using negative ratios
- Input Type Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance 40kΩ balanced, 20kΩ unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level +22dBu
- CMRR >40 dB; typically >55 dB at 1 kHz
- Output Type Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance Balanced 30Ω , unbalanced 15Ω
- Maximum Output Level +22dBu
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, + 0/-0.5 dB; 0.5 Hz – 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise <-97 dBu, Unweighted (22 Hz – 22 kHz)
- THD+Noise <0.005% typical, No compression, 1 kHz input at 0 dBu; <0.07% typical, Any Amount of Compression up to 40 dB @ 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range >119 dB
- Compression Gain Adjustment Range Variable from -20 dB to +20 dB
- Compressor Threshold Range -40 dBu to +20 dBu
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic Selectable OverEasy® or Hard Knee
- Compressor Ratio Variable 1:1 to ∞ :1 thru to -1:1; 60dB Maximum Compression
- Compressor Attack Time Program-Dependent; Typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
- Compressor Release Time Program-Dependent; Typically 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/Sec Rate
- Power Requirements +/- 16VDC
- Current Draw 60mA per power rail
- Power Draw 1.92 watts
- Rack System Compatibility 500 Series Compatible Power-frame
- Rack Space 1 Slot
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 5.25” x 1.5” x 6” (13.34cm x 3.81cm x 15.24cm)
- Weight 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Shipping Weight 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg)