This is the red finish version.
Audiophile sound meets portability.
Planar is the culmination of Avantone's experience in creating reference-grade monitoring products, and the demands of modern, professional end-users.
Featuring planar drivers for extreme detail, and supreme comfort for long sessions, Avantone’s Planars are a perfect solution for mix engineers, musicians, podcasters, live-streamers, and hi-fi enthusiasts.
Featuring planar magnetic driver technology.
Planar drivers offer an incredible set of advantages over traditional moving coil drivers. Amazing accuracy, high-end detail, clarity, natural bass and response time.
Traditional moving coil drivers use a magnetic field to push/pull the driver in one direction and rely on the surround’s elasticity to return the driver to the neutral position. Planar drivers utilize a technology that mixes principles between dynamic and electrostatic drivers — they are constructed by a precise array of magnets that are evenly spaced across both sides of a thin, electrically-active diaphram.
Due to the nature of this magnetic field’s precision, force applied to the membrane is distributed in a symetric fashion which produces a signal with very little harmonic distortion, and incredibly fast response times. And because planars use front and rear magnets to apply equal forces in both directions, there is far less weight applied to the driver material, which results in a much more natural sound with less distortion — allowing for hours of fatigue-less listening.
Avantone’s Planar headphones also employ an open-back design, with a perfectly tuned chamber that results in a very flat-frequency environment, without the typical pressure build-up, acoustic resonance, and frequency curve of closed back headphones. The result is an audiophile listening experience that can even be enjoyed portably!
Headphones that meet the modern day demands.
Planar might be a bit larger than typical headphones, but that doesn’t change the need for comfort! Planar is perfectly weighted for long-listening sessions, and provides additional comfort with their soft and spacious ear pads. Sessions that last for hours will only feel like minutes when wearing them!
Avantone Planars also include a high-grade, removable 3.5mm cable that can be plugged into either side! Maybe you’re working with a large instrument, or a specific rig that makes the typical “left side cable output” feel awkward; just plug into the right side! Planar also ships in an eco-friendly shoulder bag with room for your accessories — and even a pouch for it’s included cable.
- High definition planar driver technology outperforms typical dynamic headphone designs, providing an uncompromised, natural sound
- Low distortion, fast response, and flat frequency response for more precision and accuracy when monitoring and mixing
- Over the ear, open back headphones with a lightweight design for greater comfort when wearing for longer periods of time
- Low impedance and amplifier requirements for better use with recording interfaces, hi-fi systems, or mobile devices.
- Extremely wide frequency response from 30Hz to 30KHz.
- High-grade, removable 3.5mm cable that can be plugged into either side
- Includes lightweight eco-friendly carrying bag.
- Optional replacement cable and earpads available.
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer Type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnet Type: Neodymium N50SH
- Diaphragm Type: 21 Micron PET
- Transducer size: 70 x 95 mm
- Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
- Frequency response: 30Hz - 30kHz
- THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sensitivity: 104 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power: >100mW
- Recommended power: >250mW
- Weight: .48kg; 1 Lbs
- Color: Black
- Included Accessories: 1.5m; 5ft 3.5mm audio cable
- 3.5mm to 1/4” adapter
- Eco-friendly carrying bag