Placid Audio Resonator A
Dynamic Microphone with Limited Bandwidth Response and Resonant Chamber, 115Hz – 10kHz Response
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
0% interest on orders $299 and up* Learn More
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Resonator-A, unlike full range high fidelity microphones, operates within a limited bandwidth of frequencies which lends a compelling resonant, music box like quality to the signal. Some might compare the sound to an old Victrola or gramophone (please listen to the sound samples provided). The sound is achieved through a combination of the microphone’s element and a mechanical filtering device. The element is specially loaded into a resonant baffled chamber and as sound passes through the chamber, upper mid range frequencies are accentuated while low and high frequencies are reduced.
- Passive magnetic moving coil transducer
- Tuned ported baffled resonant chamber
- High quality Switchcraft 3 pin XLR connector
- Rugged copper housing and components
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A
- Lifetime operational warranty
- Adjustable aircraft aluminum mounting bracket to fit North American style stands (will fit European style stands with common threaded adapter)
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 115Hz – 10kHz
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Output: 105 +/- 2dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Dimensions: 2.5 inch x 6 inch
- Weight: 1.75 lbs.
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.