Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Instant lo-fi vibe, the Copperphone mic is a popular reach when alternate tones are needed!
The Copperphone, unlike full range high fidelity microphones, operates within a limited bandwidth of frequencies which lends a nostalgic quality to the signal. Some might compare the sound to an AM radio or a telephone (please listen to the sound samples provided). The sound is achieved through a combination of vintage telecommunications components and a mechanical filtering effect. The microphone’s element is rear ported into a hollow resonant chamber. As sound passes through the diaphragm and into the hollow chamber, upper mid range frequencies are accentuated while low and high frequencies are reduced. An everyday example of this mechanical filtering effect can be demonstrated by pressing a paper towel tube up to your mouth and talking into it.
Placid Audio Copperphone Microphone Features
- Vintage passive magnetic moving coil transducer
- Tuned ported resonate chamber
- High Quality Switchcraft 3 pin XLR connector
- Adjustable aircraft aluminum mounting bracket to fit North American style
- stands (will fit European style stands with common threaded adapter)
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A
- Rugged copper housing and components
- Lifetime operational warranty
Placid Audio Copperphone Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardiod
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 3kHz
- Imepdence: 150 ohms
- Output: 115 +/- 2dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Dimensions: 2.5 inch x 6 inch
- Weight: 1.75 lbs.
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.