Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
In addition to being an excellent mix engineer and extremely talented musician (he recently spent most of 2011 on tour with Jeff Bridges as his guitar player and Musical Director), Chris Pelonis is regarded as one of the industry’s most prestigious room designers, having built studios and performance facilities all over the world. Now, he brings all of that talent and knowledge to his Signature line of professional studio monitors, incorporating components and designs that he’s been using for years in his own facilities, and delivering surgically accurate, amazingly musical sonic performance.
After receiving a TEC Award nomination for the 4288 in 2012 we challenged ourselves to make the 4288 MK II even better. We started with a requested upgrade to the amplifier section by adding 3.9dB to the front end of gain without sacrificing any headroom. In fact we improve what was already outstanding headroom. Once that was accomplished we focused on the speaker components.
We upgraded all the capacitors in the mid-high crossover network to audiophile grade Polypropylene capacitors. Polypropylene caps are known for the excellent audio quality and reliability. They impart a clear and smooth top end and enhance the dual concentric driver’s performance.
Then we turned our attention to the custom 8in. woofer. We replaced the original single spider woofer with a dual spider unit for improved excursion control and linearity. Along with the spider upgrade we improved the voice coil, effectively tripling the power handling power capability of the woofer.
We replaced the original single spider woofer with a dual spider unit for improved excursion control and linearity. Along with the spider upgrade we improved the voice coil, effectively tripling the power handling power capability of the woofer.
To top it all off we have sculpted a new and exciting finish for the 4288 MK II. The cabinet in now laminated with black anodized aluminum with chamfered and stained edges. It’s a unique finish matches the awesome performance of the 4288.
Pelonis Sound Model 4288 Pair Specifications
- System Type: 4” two-way Dual Concentric Driver with 8” woofer
- Frequency Response: 28Hz-36kHz (±3dB)
- System Sensitivity: 91dB (407mV input, 2.83V output @ 1m,
- 1kHz output, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Rated Maximum SPL: 107dB (Peak SPL for 1 pair driven,
- 2.0V input @ 1m, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Dispersion: 65° (-6dB across frequency range)
- THD: 0.8% (2.83V @ 1m, 1kHz output, 100Hz-10kHz)
- HF Driver: 0.75" (19mm) titanium dome with neodymium magnet system
- HF Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Mid-Freq. Driver : 4" (100mm) multi fiber paper pulp cone)
- Mid-Freq. Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- LF Driver: 8” (200mm) high- excursion paper pulp cone
- LF Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.