An all new series of affordable gear from Locomotive Audio!
ADD WEIGHT, HARMONICS & CHARACTER TO YOUR SOUND.
The Weight Tank Compressor will put a stamp on any material run through its circuitry. The smooth and euphonic sound of soft-knee vari-mu compression paired with thick, distinct and colorful harmonic saturation makes the Weight Tank Compressor very unique.
Unlike its cousin, the Locomotive Audio 14B, which buffs your sound to a glossy sheen, the Weight Tank Compressor offers darker tones while adding huge vintage heft to your audio.
ROUND | DRIVE
When run in “Round” mode, a smooth, sweet and pure tone will result. If switched to “Drive” mode, an enhanced harmonic structure and overall driven tone will result.
- XLR input and output connections
- Stereo Link 1/4" TS jack on rear
- 6BC8 and 12AU7 tubes
- Stereo Link switch
- Hard-wire bypass switch
- Compression turned off with full counterclockwise attack position, switching to line amplifier
- 6BC8 balance adjustment on interior of unit
- Custom backlit Gain Reduction Meter
- Steel input, interstage and output transformers
- Hand-built in USA
- Heavy 16 gauge steel chassis
- 115v/230v AC mains option on rear
- 2-year warranty parts and labor
- Tubes: (1) 6BC8, (1) 12AU7
- Input load impedance: 5kΩ
- Output impedance: <1kΩ
- Variable Attack: 12 mS - 50 mS)
- Variable Release: (200 mS - 2 Sec)
- Compression ratio 3.5:1
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- THD+N: <1% Round || >5% Drive
- S/N ratio: >70dB
- Dimensions: 19"w x 3.5"h x 10"d (2u rackspace)
- Shipping Weight: 20 lbs.
- Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 25 watts