An all new tube preamp from the makers of Locomotive Audio!
ADD HISTORIC GERMAN TUBE PREAMP GAIN TO YOUR ARSENAL
The WT-72 brings you the character that the original V72 console modules are known for!
Inspired by the V72 modules originally built for the German Radio Network, the WT-72 offers 56 dB of gain, which can be driven by a microphone or line level source. The vintage modules only offered 34 dB of gain, so an additional 22 dB of gain is made in the WT-72 with small adjustments to the circuit while maintaining the most sought after tone and character we have all come to love.
The performance of a high-quality mu-metal shielded input and heavy duty output transformer as well as the output plate choke helps provide the character of its vintage inspiration!
- Mic / Line (XLR) and High Impedance DI Input
- DI defeats XLR input when plugged in
- Two EF86 equivalent tubes
- 56 dB of gain
- 11 Position Gain Rotary Switch
- Polarity reverse switch
- 36 dB pad switch (Line Select)
- 48 volt phantom power switch
- XLR input and output connections
- American input and output transformers and plate choke
- Amber LED indicators for phantom power on and signal present on output (-12 dBu minimum for illumination)
- Hand-built in USA
- 115v/230v AC mains option on rear
- Internal power supply
- 2-year warranty parts and labor
- Microphone Mode input load impedance: 1400 Ω
- Line Mode input load impedance: 9550 Ω
- Output impedance: 300Ω
- 1/4" DI impedance: 500kΩ
- 56 dB of gain
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Maximum output level: +26dBu
- THD+N: <1%
- S/N ratio: >70dB
- Dimensions: 19"w x 3.5"h x 10"d (2u rackspace)
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs.