Choices and features galore adorn this studio mic pre, we're not sure you can find more tone in one solid state box!
Available factory or modified (adds $59.99 to price).
Optional John Hardy 990C+ Mod Explained
- "918" Op-Amp is replaced by Hardy 990C+
- Unit is tested and re-packed
- We also include the original 918 op-amp in the box
The Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 is one of the highest quality microphone preamplifiers on the market in its price range. It uses quality USA made components found in preamplifiers with much loftier price tags. In addition to its unparalleled quality/price, the Tone Beast has unique tone-shaping features that gives users versatility and flexibility usually only found by acquiring an assortment of preamps.
Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.
Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 Features
- Discrete 312 preamp design with coupled CineMag Transformers
- 71db of gain
- Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
- Discrete Opamp selection provides both the classic 1731(vintage) and 918(modern) style opamps
- Socketed / swappable opamps with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps.
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters
- 80hz hipass filter
- Polarity Reverse
- +48V phantom power
- Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers
- ¼” insert for the use of inline compressors, eq’s etc..
- Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and ¼” instrument inputs
- Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
- -20db Pad
- LED VU Meter
- 19” rackmountable
- 115V / 230V switchable internal power supply