This is the Heritage Edition listing, which includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plugins bundle.
A Special Edition of Universal Audio's Acclaimed Apollo Interface, with a Bundled UAD Plug In Package Worth over $2,400. Apollo Heritage Edition has all the benefits of the acclaimed Apollo DAW series, including elite class A/D and D/A conversion, realtime UAD plugin processing, Unison enabled mic preamps, and full LUNA Recording System integration (MAC only). And it goes a step further, with a software suite of 10 award winning UAD plug in titles, featuring collections from Helios, Fairchild, Teletronix, Pultec, and UA.
A Special Edition featuring Iconic UAD Analog Collections Onboard
A hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug ins at near zero latency. Taking you a step further, Apollo Heritage Edition gives you 10 premium plug in titles worth over $2,400 including the full suite of UA's Teletronix, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Helios Type 69, V76, and UA 610 Unison mic preamps, all Pultec EQs, Oxide Tape Recorder, and Pure Plate Reverb.
These premium Heritage Edition titles are in addition to Apollo's included "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" bundle, giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations included with any professional audio interface.
Apollo x4 allows musicians and producers to easily track, overdub, and mix larger projects with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, four Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x4 confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
- Record and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion — with the widest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface
- Four Unison-enabled preamps — track larger projects with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Helios, Neve, API, Manley, and more*
- Onboard UAD QUAD Core processing lets you track and mix with the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-ins
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows with elite A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from the acclaimed Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Includes monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Optical ADAT/SPDIF output for connecting to additional studio equipment
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A 1176, and Fairchild 670 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- UA's Luna Recording System is free to registered MAC Thunderbolt users.
- See the details on UA's website here
Heritage Edition Bonus Plug-Ins
- Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection: The Helios Type 69 Console was the desk employed to record masterpieces by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, and more. This stunning plug‑in collection lets you shape your tracks with legendary Type 69 midrange push, and tweak low-end character with uniquely voiced low-frequency boost and cut filters.
- V76 Preamplifier: Based on a classic German tube mic preamp developed more than 70 years ago, the V76 Preamplifier plug‑in gives you an amazingly rich tone with gentle shaping that's perfect for nearly every source — vocals, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, or bass — and is Unison-enabled for use with Apollo interfaces.
- Oxide Tape Recorder: Easily inject the warm color, punchy low-end response, and cohesion of large format analog tape recording to your tracks with Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in. Simple Input/Output controls, 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speed selection, and two emphasis curves let you quickly call up colorful and extremely authentic tape textures.
- Teletronix LA‑3A Audio Leveler: A "secret weapon" capable of moving sounds right to the front of your speakers, this solid-state electro‑optical compressor lets you easily add energy and harmonics to vocals and acoustic guitars, make snare drums pop out of the mix, and add grit and texture to bass guitar and soft synths.
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection: Born in the 1950s, Fairchilds are extremely rare and coveted audio compressors. From the flagship 670, a stereo compressor that injects vibe and color to your stereo bus, to the smaller 660 — perfect for adding power to piano, bass, and guitar — this collection offers the same silky sonics that helped shape records by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and countless Motown artists.
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection: The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plug‑in versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection: Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects — especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection: The 1176 is many producers' “desert island\" compressor — adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plug‑in collection.
- Pure Plate Reverb: Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection: UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
Four Unison Preamps: Get the Genuine Sound of Neve, Helios, API & More
Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, Universal Audio and many more. Exclusive to UA Audio Interfaces, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are used to track exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve on the previous generation of desktop Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers redesigned the x4’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo x4 a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo x4 offers a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Fairchild 670, Pultec EQs, and the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Record with Vintage Amps
Apollo Twin X also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument inputs, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier.
Expanded I/O and Built-in Talkback Mic
In addition to its four onboard Unison-equipped preamps, Apollo x4 offers two headphone outs and two Hi-Z instrument inputs — greatly enhancing your collaborative process. Plus, with a total of four line outs, optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output, plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic, the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 can serve as the powerful centerpiece of your professional desktop studio.
Build a Networked Studio
Users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interface can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo x6, x8, x8p, or x16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
*Always check www.uaudio.com for latest, up to date system requirements before ordering to make sure it is compatible with your system.