The Delphos® is a premium studio condenser microphone, featuring unhyped and natural frequency response, very high sensitivity, and very low self-noise.
The microphone uses a highly optimized transformerless circuit, which provides a pristine signal path. The microphone's circuit boards are manufactured and populated in the US, using the finest components sourced from around the world, including low-noise NOS transistors and imported European capacitors.
Two switches located on the front of the microphone provide pattern control (Omni / True Cardioid) and pad (-10dB).
Each Delphos is assembled in California, hand-tuned, "burned in," and extensively tested after manufacturing to ensure the best possible performance.
The microphone is painted in California with a 3-stage enamel finish. The color is dark blue metallic. The ROSWELL logo nameplate is embossed brass.
We have created a new Cutaway™ Shockmount for the Delphos. Named for its flush-mount face, it allows the microphone to be easily positioned close to a singer or instrument without mount hardware standing in the way. This allows you to take advantage of the microphone's natural proximity effect.
The Delphos includes the Cutaway Shockmount, a vinyl storage pouch, and a compact flight case.
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule captures detail and articulation
- Ultra-pristine transformerless circuit reduces noise and distortion
- True Cardioid mode increases signal to noise ratio
- Omni pattern reduces proximity effect naturally
- NOS parts capture vintage FET sound
- Three-stage custom metallic enamel finish provides durable good looks
- Extensive QA/QC procedure ensures that every Delphos sounds fantastic
- Model: Delphos
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Capsule: Select 34mm large-diaphragm design
- Diaphragm: Gold-plated, ultra thin Mylar
- Frequency Range: 20 - 16,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 40 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Signal-to-noise: >82 dBA
- Equivalent noise: <12dBA
- Supply voltage: 48±4 VDC
- Output: Electronically balanced (transformerless)
- Physical dimensions: 184 × 50mm; 290g (mic only)