RME presents the world's most versatile PCI Audio Interface - the Hammerfall DSP 9632. This card makes the dream of an All-In-One solution for every possible application come true. As usual, RME has not made any compromises: Latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters with more than 110 dB signal to noise ratio, all inputs and outputs simultaneously operational, easy-to-install optional hi-quality analog expansion boards, the famous TotalMix, a newly developed sensational clock section with maximum jitter suppression of external clock signals - all this combines into a 'soundcard' that the world has been waiting for so long.
A PCI Express version (HDSPe AIO) is upcoming.
RME HDSP 9632 Features
- Balanced stereo analog in- and output, 24-Bit/192kHz, > 110 dB SNR
- Optional analog expansion boards with 4 balanced in- or outputs
- All analog I/Os capable of 192 kHz, constant number of available channels
- 1 ADAT digital I/O, supporting 96 kHz S/MUX operation
- 1 SPDIF digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 1 Breakout cable for coaxial SPDIF*
- Up to 16 I/Os can be used simultaneously!
- 1 Stereo headphone output, parallel to the analog out, additional level settings
- 1 MIDI I/O with 16 channels of hi-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering- and analysing tool
- HDSP Meter Bridge: freely scalable level meters, peak- and RMS calculation directly in hardware
- TotalMix: 512 channel Mixer with 40 Bit internal resolution
* The HDSP 9632 ships in a basic version including two RCA/phono breakout cables (headphone: TRS jack). Therefore all analog I/Os and the SPDIF I/O are unbalanced. XLR breakout cables are available as an option (headphone: Neutrik TRS locking jack), turning analog and AES/EBU into balanced mode.
HDSP 9632 debuts SteadyClock (TM), a newly developed clock technology, combining professional features like maximum jitter suppression at full varipitch capabilities and software controlled sample rates.
Compared to the well-known DIGI96/8 series, the HDSP 9632 not only offers a further improved analog interface, but also all the features of the award-winning Hammerfall DSP series: All inputs and outputs simultaneously available, MIDI I/O and TotalMix, the DSP-based real-time mixer/router. Hardware updates through software and driver updates are risk-free thanks to the Secure BIOS Technology.
In short: The HDSP 9632 is the ultimate audio interface for PC or Mac, digital or analog.
RME HDSP 9632 Settings
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the HDSP 9632 comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate and time code make your work with Hammerfall DSP to a real pleasure.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RMEs exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to our new Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.
RME HDSP 9632 Optional Add Ons
An easy to handle ribbon cable connects the optional AI4S-192 and AO4S-192. These analog expansion boards having one bracket with 4 stereo TRS jacks offer the same performance as the on-board stereo analog I/O of the HDSP 9632: up to 192 Khz, balanced and 3 different reference levels. With this a maximum of 6 inputs and/or outputs can be achieved.
Word Clock Expansion
The optional 9632 Word Clock Module provides a galvanically isolated word clock input and two word clock outputs via BNC jacks.
HDSP 9632 supports also the TEB TDIF-I/O-Module.
Optional analog and digital I/Os.
RME The HDSP 9632 Tech Specifications
- Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms, 186 ms
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- TMS (Track Marker Support): Supports CD/DAT start-IDs and the read out of CD subcode
- Unique status windows for record and playback, showing mode and sample rate
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering and analyzing tool
- Digital inputs and outputs ground-free transformer coupled
- 3-stage hardware level control for analog inputs and outputs
- Servo-balanced analog input and output, DC-coupled signal path
- 192 kHz / 24-Bit converters. SNR 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Maximum input and output level (0 dBFS @ HiGain): +19 dBu
- Low impedance headphone output (75 ohm), stepless output level through software faders
- Headphone Speaker Protection minimizes noise during power on/off
- All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Super low jitter design: < 1 ns in all clock modes
RME The HDSP 9632 Connectivity
- 1 x Analog I/O (192 kHz)
- 1 x ADAT I/O (at 96 kHz via S/Mux)
- 1 x SPDIF I/O (192 kHz)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x Phones-Output
- Expansion Boards (optional)
RME The HDSP 9632 Accessories
- HDSP 9632: Analog breakout cable, balanced (BO9632XLRMKH)
- HDSP 9632: Analog breakout cable, unbalanced (BO9632CMKH)
- HDSP 9632: Digital breakout cable, SPDIF (BO9632)
- HDSP 9632: Digital breakout cable, AES/EBU & SPDIF (BO968)