This microphone is inspired by and styled after the "Neumann U-47", which was modified by German Radio in the '70s to incorporate a glass triode tube. That modification brought it up to broadcast standards. The Peluso 22 47 has the additional feature of 9 polar patterns, controlled from the power supply. It captures the low frequency nuances of the original "47" with smooth mids and balanced highs.
The microphone comes as a complete system, with Microphone in Wood Box, Power Supply, 7 Conductor Cable, and Shock Mount in Flight Case. Made in the USA.
Peluso Microphone Lab 22 47 Vacuum Tube Microphone Tech Specifications
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 34mm capsule
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/22Khz
- Polar Pattern: 9 - Switchable from omni- to bi-directional
- Sensitivity: 12mv/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 140 db
- Equivalent Noise: 12 db (A-weighted)
- Tube Type: CE6072A
- Power Requirements: Dedicated Power Supply
- Size: 58mm x 200 mm
- Weight: 775 g