This is a brand new improved version of Oktava’s famous ML-52 and ML-52A-02 with a greatly improved windscreen, which protect a very sensitive filament from blast and moisture much better. Moreover it has an additional roll-off in low frequencies which compensates for the unavoidable bass boost that occurs with all pressure gradient transducers when they are used at close distance (proximity effect).
The Oktava ML52 is suitable for use in any situation where a warm and rounded sound is required, The ribbon sound lending it an air of nostalgia whilst competing with modern condenser designs in terms of frequency response. The virtually non-existent noise floor means that, used in conjunction with a good pre-amp, it is an ideal mic for digital recording.
Oktava ML-52-01 Specifications
- Polar Pattern Figure of eight
- Freq. Response, Hz 20-20000
- Output sensitivity, mV/Pa 1,6
- Aluminium Ribbon 2.5 micron
- Nominal Output Impedance 300ohm
- Rated Load Impedance 1.5 k ohm @ 300ohm / 1 k ohm@ 200ohm
- Maximum SPL @ 1kHz > 135dB
- Maximum Output Voltage 1,2V
- Temp. Range -35degrees C to +45 degrees C
- Relative Humidity 85% (+25 degrees C)
- Accessories included Mic holder