Firewire DIO card for 8X192 can be ordered separately or with the 8X192ADDA (converter bundle comes with choice of 1 free card: FW, USB, ADAT , MADI ), There are few additional cards offered for 8X192 that are not included in the bundle: Sonoma/SDIF DSD DIO Card, SDIF DSD DIO Card and Dante Ethernet Network Card.
Firewire card allows direct connection to a Mac or Win computer and is built around the popular TC Electronics DICE chip. The protocol is Firewire 400 , compatible with firewire 800 (through a 400>800 FW cable (included). In addition FW card is the recommended interface for Thundebolt computers, Thunderbolt adapter is included in the package.
Firewire is a streaming protocol which offers lower latency and more robust, uninterupted and faster transfer than the more ubiquitous USB2. It’s the recomended solution for laptops where PCM operation of up to 192k is required. FW card does not work with DSD ASIO protocol, users requiring DSD operation should use the Mytek USB card instead.
The Firewire card offers multichannel low latency onboard cue mixer through its control panel and allows for daising chaining multiple 8x192 units for larger channel count using one driver in the computer.
Mytek 8X192 ADAT DIO CARD Specifications
- Up to 64 channels transfer on one FW connection at 48k (32@96k , 16@192k)
- Up tp 24 bit/ 192kHz PCM
- FW400/800/Thunderbolt compatible
- Low latency (1 sample) onboard cue mixer
- FW400>800 cable included
- Thunderbolt to FW adapter included
- Mytek TC driver for Mac OSX and Win 7/8 with mixer control panel and firmware update panel.
- Drivers available for download on Mytek website