The 112D is a flexible digital audio interface, router, format converter, and stand-alone mixer, with connectivity to your computer through ultra-fast Thunderbolt™ technology, AVB Ethernet, or class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
The 112D provides 24 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O and 24 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O at sample rates up to 96 kHz. The 112D also serves as a 64-channel MADI interface, router, converter, and MADI-to-AVB bridge, for a total of 112 simultaneous digital I/O channels.
With near-zero latency, send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Freely route all 112 audio channels to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network. Convert any format to any other: AES/EBU, optical, MADI, AVB, and computer audio (Thunderbolt or USB). Mix and process up to 48 channels using the professional on-board digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with gating, 4-band parametric EQ, and vintage compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A™ leveling amplifier.
Add more MOTU interfaces as your needs grow, connected to a state-of-the-art audio network using standard AVB Ethernet switches and CAT-5e cabling, with near-zero network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Record and monitor up to 128 audio channels in and out, simultaneously, to a host computer through Thunderbolt. Route hundreds of audio channels among multiple devices and computers on the network.
Control all DSP-based mixing and effects, device settings, and network audio routing using your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet or smart phone connected wirelessly or locally to the 112D audio network.
From studio to stage, the 112D delivers flexible digital routing/conversion, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- 112 simultaneous digital audio channels — 24 channels of AES/EBU I/O, plus 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O, plus 64 channels of MADI I/O, for 112 total channels digital audio I/O. All channels can be active simultaneously.
- 64 channels of MADI — Serves as a 64-channel MADI-to-AVB converter with near-zero latency and flexible routing and splitting to/from the AVB network.
- 24 channels of AES/EBU and ADAT up to 96 kHz — Three 8-channel (D-sub) banks of AES/EBU at all sample rates up to 96 kHz. Three 8-channel banks of ADAT optical at rates up to 48 kHz; six banks of ADAT at 2x sample rates (24 channels).
- Flexible routing, splitting and format conversion — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network. Convert any format to any other.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt technology, AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion and audio networking — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao or Monitor 8) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 112D with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 112D's powerful routing, mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.