As new with full, original warranty!
Capture stunning stereo recordings with ease
- Identical transformer and ribbon motor construction as the Model 2 delivers the same unique sonic character
- Provides outstanding phase coherent stereo recordings every time
- Incredibly easy to set up and capture perfect stereo recordings
- Ideal for orchestral and choral recordings, overheads, room, string sections, horn sections, piano, acoustic guitar, and more
- All stainless steel construction
- 100% handcrafted in Detroit, MI
Model 2 sound in a stereo package
The Model 2S is a passive stereo ribbon microphone utilizing the same design features found in the Model 2. The Model 2S uses two matched ribbon motors angled at 90 degrees to each other to create a Blumlein configuration. It uses the same motors and transformers found in our Model 2. The motors feature a very short front to back path length along with our custom designed resonator plates. These features give the Model 2S the same unique sonic character found in our Model 2: an incredibly extended and detailed high end, classic smooth ribbon midrange, an open and transparent low end, and an amazingly quick transient response. A custom designed toroidal transformer provides extremely low distortion, low noise, and 3D like sound.
The Model 2S captures stunning stereo recordings with ease. Whether you are using the Model 2S in a Blumlein or M-S stereo configuration, the microphone's uniform polar frequency response and excellent off-axis frequency response will provide you with outstanding phase coherent stereo recordings. Solid phase compatibility between the two channels of the Model 2S also allows the user to combine the two channels into a mono recording without any phase artifacts. The microphones slim body and simple isolation mount make it easier than ever to position.
The beauty of the Model 2S is its ability to capture incredible 3D like recordings that will make you feel like you are in the room with the performers. Its beautifully balanced and extended frequency response greatly reduces the need for post equalization. The Model 2S shines on orchestral and choral recordings. It will have you hearing drum overheads and room recordings like never before. The Model 2S will easily become your favorite on string sections, horn sections, piano, acoustic guitar, and so much more.
The Model 2S is covered by a lifetime warranty on parts and a free re-ribboning for the original owner within two years of purchase. The microphone ships with a cherry wood case, mount clip, protective pouch, and a 5-pin XLR female to dual 3-pin XLR male breakout cable.
- Directional Pattern: Dual Figure 8
- Frequency Range: 20-20 kHz and beyond
- Sensitivity: -53.2 dB (2.2 mV/Pa)
- Noise Floor: <17 dBA
- Max SPL: 140dB SPL
- Output Impedance: 250 Ohms
- Ribbon Element: Dual ribbons orientated at 90 degrees
- Material: Pure Aluminum
- Thickness: 1.8 microns
- Length: 2 in
- Width: 0.23 in
- Height: 11.6 in
- Diameter: 1.25 in
- Weight: 540g