Big, Innovative, Detailed, High-Performance
Clear the air for big revealing sound. Visually stunning, the LT-381 Oceanus is a fantastic vocal mic. It's an original high-performance transformer-less tube condenser microphone that produces full and detailed recordings.
Captures minute details
Our new 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule captures minute details of the sound source. With the unique circuit topology and body design you will notice increased clarity as well as subtle tube character. Being a transformer-less mic it also minimizes feedback and signal loss, while the unique signal path eliminates the harshness often associated with transformer-less mics.
Optimal performance features
The LT-381 Oceanus features a variable polar pattern selector allowing you to choose omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 as well as six intermediate positions. This variable pattern selector provides the ability to achieve many variations of sound characteristics. The rugged vintage style external power supply houses the polar pattern selector and supplies a consistent voltage to the microphone to achieve optimal performance. There are two features designed to reduce vibrations and noise. First, the capsule is internally shock mounted. Second, each microphone has a custom heavy-duty shock mount that securely holds the microphone and reduces external vibrations and noise.
Internally the LT-381 Oceanus is a innovative blend of classic and modern day components. This microphone features our new 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule designed to capture minute detail. It also contains one of the most unique circuit topologies of any microphone on the market today. It utilizes a NOS military-grade pentode tube with a carefully selected operating point as the input and gain stage, and a transformer-less tube output stage. Finally, our unique vacuum tube isolation chamber reduces component temperatures as well as noise.
Lauten Audio Oceanus LT-381 Features
- Large 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule
- Variable-step Omni, to Cardioid, to Figure-8
- Vacuum tube input & output
- Internal shock mount
- NOS Military grade tube
- High resolution capacitors
- Included Accessories
- Vintage style power supply
- Heavy duty shock mount
- Sustainably farmed wood mic box
- Premium Gotham 7-Pin tube mic cable
- Deluxe flight case
Lauten Audio Oceanus LT-381 Specifications
- Circuit: Transformer-less Vacuum Tube
- Type: Dual-diaphragm condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni & Figure-8 (variable)
- Freq. Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 100dB minimum
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 120dB
- Self-noise level: 20dB(A)
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz
- Connectors: 7-pin XLR & 3-Pin Standard XLR
- Power Requirement: Custom power supply 100 to 230v