Not your everyday preamp! When you're wanting to spice up your 500 Series rack, the Inward Connections Magnum VU does just the trick. This handmade preamp offers classic warmth with a certain airiness plus headroom for days and days. Lending a special flavor to vocals, the Magnum VU is not to be pigeonholed, earning street cred as a secret weapon on guitars, keyboards, and other low-level instruments thanks to its front-panel 1/4" jack. A phase switch anticipates you adding a second Magnum VU to your rig. You'll want to.
Don't let the Magnum VU's non-assuming look fool you, this 500 Series preamp stealthily injects a dose of huge tone into your Lunchbox. We find it has a warm, up-front low-end transitioning into a bombastically punchy midrange and a nicely wide-open top end. It's a different flavor altogether that manages to impart a tight sound without going over the top. Something different than the old standbys and definitely a dark horse to watch.
Inward Connections: boutique gear handmade in LA
Initially one of LA's best-kept secrets, the word about Inward Connections has been sweeping the globe. After all, when you hear guys like Chris Lord-Alge and Eddie Kramer swearing by a brand, you know to pay attention. Dreamed up and designed by Steve Firlotte, a well-known LA tech, the Inward Connections line offers premium options for the discerning ear, all meticulously handmade in Firlotte's Los Angeles workshop.
- 500 Series microphone preamplifier and DI
- Circuitry features two VF600 all discrete amp blocks
- LED VU meter that monitors the output level
- +48VDC phantom power switch
- Phase reverse switch
- -20dB pad switch
- Hi-Z low level line input 1/4" phone jack for guitars, keyboards and low level instruments
- 12-position rotary trim (5dB per step), 25dB to 80dB selectable range
- 70hz hi-pass filter
- Output level rotary control
- Balanced input and output transformers
- Fits standard 500 series slot configuration, mechanically and electrically
- Powder coating in Gunmetal color