The Ebtech Hum Eliminator is designed to eliminate 60 cycle hum (60Hz AC signal) caused by Ground Loops. It is also designed to convert unbalanced lines to a true balanced lines.
Do you hear a hum or buzz in your audio signal? Are long unbalanced lines across stage creating noise problems? Cancel unwanted noise with the Hum Eliminator from Ebtech.
Almost all AC hum (60Hz in the US, 50 Hz in most other countries), is caused by ground loops. These ground loops act like radio antennae picking up hum and noise. The Hum Eliminator completely suppresses this by breaking the ground loop, making it impossible for the signal lines to pick up the AC hum and noise in the first place.
Just plug the Hum Eliminator in the signal lines between the offending pieces of equipment and you're done! Quick and easy.
No buzz, no hum. No signal degradation. No filtering. No noise gates. No dangerous ground lifts.
EBTECH HE 2 XLR Features
- Eliminates AC hum / 60Hz buzz and noise, quickly and easily
- Breaks ground loop safely, while leaving all signal grounds intact
- Automatically translates signal voltages to match differences in ground potentials, avoiding clipping
- Converts automatically back and forth between balanced and unbalanced lines at either end
- 1/4" TRS "smart" jacks (tip, ring, sleeve) inputs and outputs.
- Completely passive design with audiophile quality components assures the best possible noise and distortion performance
- Frequency response 20Hz to 70kHz plus or minus 0.5dB
- Distortion less than 0.005% THD @ 1kHz
- Crosstalk better than —97dB
- Maximum source impedance 1kOhm. Minimum load impedance 10kOhm
- Available in 2 channel box or 8 channel single space rack versions
- 2 Year warranty. Ebtech quality and reliability