Dave Hill does it again with this dedicated, rack mount DA converter!
Crane Song Ltd Solaris Features
- Inputs: AES, SPDIF, Optical, USB sample rates to 192K
- Outputs: Main output has discrete output amplifiers with a stepped attenuator, the max output it +24dbu
- The secondary output, also balanced has a max fixed output of +18dbu, balanced
- The Headphone Amplifier has its own stepped attenuator
- Mute: cuts off the main outputs and Solaris powers up muted.
The Function display is done with and LCD showing, the source, gains, and the sample rate. It also has level meters.
The Quantum DAC is the 5th generation design from Crane Song
The Quantum DAC uses 32 bit a converter and ASRC for jitter reduction up sampling to 211KHz.
The reference clock has less then 1pS and a proprietary reconstruction filter for accurate time domain response.
The clock's jitter measured form 10Hz to 20KHz is typically 0.045pS