The KNUCKLE HEAD is a passive ribbon microphone that combines the acoustic components of the successful Fat Head ribbon with a shockmounted headbasket design reminiscent of early broadcast microphones.
The ribbon motor uses Neodymium magnets surrounding a 2.2-micron corrugated aluminum ribbon measuring 5mm x 45mm. The ribbon is mounted symmetrically within the magnetic gap, the front and back of the mic produces the same voicing.
The ribbon motor and headbasket are suspended within a 6-inch diameter metal hoop by eight springs. The output transformer is located within the cylindrical shaft below the shockmount hoop.
This Package Includes
- Knuckle Head ribbon microphone with Lundahl transformer
- Aluminum flight case
- Adjustable mounting clip
- Specifications and typical measurement report
- Lundahl Upgrade Mod
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance:>1000 Ohms Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: O.D. grill:3", O.D. ring:6", O.D. body:1", Overall length:10