Classic short ribbon design, available in two color combo options and optional Lundahl transformer upgrade!
Once demo'd with full, original warranty!
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon the new Cascade FAT HEAD houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly. This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use. The FAT HEAD warm full-bodied signature and increased sensitivity is what you would expect and demand from a professional ribbon microphone and the FAT HEAD delivers. The FAT HEAD is suited for guitar cabinets, drum over-heads, vocal, piano, horns, strings, and much more.
This Package Includes
- FAT HEAD Ribbon Microphone (Black and Silver Finish with Lundahl Transformer)
- Leatherette Pouch
- Hard Mount Clip
Cascade Fat Head Color Options
- Brown Body & Gold Grill
- Black Body & Silver Grill
Cascade Fat Head Transformer Options
- Lundahl Upgrade Mod
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum,
- 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 6 1/2", 1" (O.D. body)