Adjustable small-diaphragm condenser microphone with rotating head
- 180° rotating head for precise mic placement
- Cardioid condenser based on the B1 capsule from the heralded Blue Bottle
- Exceptional sonic accuracy and extended frequency response
- Ultra-fast transient response and high-SPL handling in the studio and on stage
PREMIUM SOUND. HEAD-TURNING PERFORMANCE.
Hummingbird is a versatile, precision-engineered Class A small-diaphragm microphone that unlocks the tonal nuances of your instruments so you can capture the best recordings possible. With a 180 degree rotating head, Hummingbird fits into tight spaces and can nimbly change positions where others can’t. Featuring a precisely tuned diaphragm based on the acclaimed B1 capsule from Blue’s flagship Bottle microphone, Hummingbird is ultra-responsive and delivers extended frequency response. Hummingbird is the perfect studio and stage solution for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, or any other instrument with fast transients and
MIC PLACEMENT IS EVERYTHING
Discover new tonal colors of your instrument by simply rotating Hummingbird’s head. The unique 180° pivoting head allows you to place the mic at any angle—without having to adjust the mic stand—and capture the sound most mics would leave behind. Give Hummingbird a turn, and take your recordings from good to great.
- Sweep the capsule between the 12th fret and sound hole of an acoustic guitar to dial in the perfect guitar sound, all without having to get up out of your chair.
- Rotate the capsule between the edge of the snare drum and the center of the drumhead to get the perfect snare sound, all without having to adjust the mic stand.
- Pivot the heads of a pair of Hummingbird overheads to dial in the perfect stereo image over a set of drums, percussion, or upright piano.
PREMIUM BLUE CAPSULE
Hummingbird boasts a premium capsule based on the Blue B1—part of our acclaimed
interchangeable Bottle Caps series. Hummingbird’s precisely tuned cardioid capsule is ultraresponsive
and provides extended high-frequency response—making it perfect for recording
any instrument with quick attacks and rich tonal characteristics.
TAKE YOUR SOUND TO NEW HEIGHTS
The superb dynamic range, balanced character and sparkling high end of the Hummingbird is
perfect for reproducing the sharp attacks and tonal characteristics of a wide range of instruments including drums, acoustic guitars, strings and world instruments. And with no IC’s in the signal path, Hummingbird delivers maximum sonic detail with the lowest possible noise floor. With excellent off-axis rejection, Hummingbird is the perfect choice for close-miking drums or percussion while minimizing sound from surrounding instruments.
DRUMS—FROM A BIRD’S EYE VIEW
The Hummingbird’s agility, sonic precision, and ability to handle high sound pressure levels
make it an ideal mic for recording drums. With a 180° pivoting head, Hummingbird makes it
easier to get great overhead sounds, and it can fit into tight snare drum or rack tom spaces and
get the perfect angle on the drumheads—a difficult task with other condenser microphones.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa @ 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL
- S/N Ratio: 85.5 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level A-Weighted: 8.5 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 129.5 dB (2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Weight: 212g (7.5oz)
- Dimensions: 170mm x 27mm x 27mm (6.7” x 1.1” x 1.1”)
- Rigid carry case with foam lining
- Mic clip
- Foam wind-screen
- The Pop (brass mesh pop filter)
- Dual or Quad high-definition mic cable
- Robbie the Mic Pre—Class-A vacuum tube mic preamplifier