The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CV-28 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's & 1960's...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CV-28 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CV-28 as a primary acoustic instrument mic...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CV-28 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results. 3-Pattern Tube Microphone w/interchangeable 19mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies. Military-grade -15 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
Avantone CV-28 Features
- Avantone CV-28 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-28 Proprietary Power supply with cables
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- 3 Interchangeable 19mm Capsules ( Cardioid, Omni, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- Owners Manual
Avantone CV-28 Specifications
- Type: Tube-type Condenser
- Polar Pattern: 3 patterns via interchangeable capsules (Omni, Cardioid, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa � 34dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Tube Type: Select Military-Grade 6J1B
- High-Pass Switch: High-Grade 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: High-Grade -15dB Switch
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-28 POWER SUPPLY w/switchable 115/230VAC Capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body