The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CK-7 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to fine studio-standard FET mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CK-7 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. The transformer coupled Discreet Class A FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
The CK-7 houses a 35mm gold-sputtered thin Mylar capsule. The CK-7 in its normal stock version uses high grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. This represents our commitment to quality as these normally are the type of "upgrade" components that are implemented by microphone modders/hot-rodders! Any studio can proudly offer the CK-7 as a vocal mic or utility condenser due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CK-7 mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results. The 3 patterns allow the CK-7 to be used in a variety of situations.
The cardioid pattern is generally best used on vocals and single instruments. The omni mode works well in incorporating some room sound into the track. The figure 8 pattern allows 2 vocalists to use the mic at the same time from opposite sides. The CK-7 has separate -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches....The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics. The 80Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from "muddying up" the track.
Avantone CK-7 Specifications
- Type: True Condenser
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid , Omni , Figure 8
- Capsule: Dual-sided 35mm center-terminated gold-sputter Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 139dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Sensitivity: -38 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Equivalent Noise Level: (A-Weighted per IEC 286-4) < 16 dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom / 5mA
- Dimensions: 187mm x 51mm / 7.5" x 2"
- Weight: .65 kgs / 1.4 lbs
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Avantone CK-7 Includes
- Avantone CK-7 Multi-Pattern FET Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- Owners Manual