The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CK-40 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the world's finest Stereo FET Mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CK-40 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The Discreet Class A Low-Noise FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
Any studio can proudly offer the stereo CK-40 as a group vocal mic, room mic, piano mic, or utility condenser due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin LARGE 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues arising. The top capsule/grill assembly rotates UP TO 180 degrees relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly. This feature along with the multi-pattern independent selector choices allow for all stereo recording techniques to be utilized. (XY-Coincident / Blumlein, M-S)
The 2 sets of pad, pattern select & LF rolloff switches independently control the capsules. (Front switches control the lower fixed grill/capsule while the rear switches control the upper rotating headgrill.) The 3 patterns allow the CK-40 to be used in a variety of situations including M-S recording.
The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics.
The 80Hz HIGH-PASS filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from "muddying up" the track. The CK-40 operates on standard 48 volt phantom power and includes a 5-Pin mic cable that plugs into the included 1x2 stereo splitter box. Two standard XLR mic cables are then all that is required to connect to a phantom powered mic preamp/console channel.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
So many sonic and spatial options are available with this microphone and we encourage you to experiment and use your ears as the final judge for stereo panning spread, use of omni vs cardioid or whether utilizing M-S miking techniques will better serve your particular situation etc...
Avantone CK-40 Specifications
- Type: Stereo True Condenser Microphone
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8 (x2)
- Capsule(s): (2) Dual plate 35mm gold sputtered diaphragm / brass assembly
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Equivalent noise level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio: 77dB re 1Pa
- Sensitivity: -40dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin with included breakout box and cable
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirements: Standard 48 Volt Phantom (x2) 3mA current consumption
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Weight: .95 kgs / 2.1 lbs
- Dimensions: 27.6cm X 49mm
Avantone CK-40 Includes
- Avantone CK-40 Stereo FET Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic bands
- 1 x 2 Splitter Box (Stereo Breakout Box)
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- 30' 5-pin cable
- Foam wind filter
- Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- Owners Manual