Only 50 of these units will be produced in a special edition run channel strip!
Adding to API's line of 50th Anniversary products, API's 862 50th Anniversary Edition Channel Strip combines the 550A Anniversary Edition EQ and the 312 Anniversary Edition Mic Pre into a single, 19" rackmount format. The 862 integrates the original 500 Series pcb's exactly as they were designed by API's founder, the legendary Saul Walker, and artfully merges them into a vintage-style, highly collectable and incredible sounding single 1U chassis.
Each 862 Anniversary Edition is individually serialized denoting its status as part of a limited run of only 50 units. Painstakingly assembled and carefully hand wired, the limited edition 862 a true work of art and a rare piece of recording history.
- 35 dB of adjustable microphone input gain
- Polarity flip, 48 V phantom power, and 20 dB pad switches
- Insert switch to activate rear EQ input connection for 550A EQ section instead of 312 output
- 3 bands of EQ in discrete steps to a maximum of 12 dB boost or cut and 5 frequencies per band
- 550A EQ IN switch
- High and Low bands shelf/peak selection switches
- Switchable band pass filter toggle switch
- Vintage style analog VU Meter (0VU = +4 dBu) and peak LED (+18 dBu), selectable 312 or 550A output
- Limited Production with 50th Anniversary Faceplate — Individually Serialized (1-50)