The perfect match for Orion32, or as a stand alone high quality multi-channel pre for your studio!
MP32 is a 32-channel console-grade microphone preamp with integrated software remote control and Antelope Audio's exciting new approach to analog circuit design.
The rave reviews shared by several top audio engineers regarding the quality of the 12 mic preamps in our portable audio interface Zen Studio urged us to expand further and create a 32-channel mic preamp housed in only two rack spaces. We designed MP32 to be a perfect match for our top-selling audio interface Orion32, this way ensuring a full transparency of the sound and complete integrity of the signal via the whole chain, from the mic pres through the conversion, recording and playback, all of them characterized by the signature Antelope sound. The combination of the Orion32 and MP32 — totaling just 3U in rack space — make it a perfectly suited solution for studios and live recording where rack space can be a precious commodity.
Exceptional clarity, transparency and dynamics
MP32 features 32 class-A mic pres with phantom power, 32 line inputs, of which 4 can operate as Hi-Z instrument inputs inputs. All inputs are XLR combos on the front panel of the MP32.
MP32's mic preamps are open and transparent, yet designed to maintain both signal clarity and sonic realism consistently throughout the recording process. The MP32 offers excellent headroom and up to 68 dB of gain in 1 dB steps, more than enough to power even the most demanding ribbon mics, while maintaining ultra-low THD+N (-110.5 dB).
Digital remote control
A user-friendly control panel for Mac or Windows allows for easy remote management of the device’s input types and mic gain levels. The intuitive software control panel provides fast set up and easy fine-tuning of individual mic preamp gain, as well as the independent assignment of phantom power and mic/line/hi-z switching. Complex gain structure and preamp settings are made incredibly simple by the user-defined presets, just a mouse click away. In addition, individual V/U style metering allows for instant signal confirmation at a glance of the software.
- 32-Channel Console-grade Mic Pre @ Line Dual Stage Amplifier Input
- 1-4 /32 ch Mic Pre @ Line HiZ Dual Stage Amplifier Input
- Iindependently assignable phantom power
- Analog Inputs:
32 x Mic / Line on XLR Combos
1-4 /32 ch x Line Di (HiZ) XLR Combos
- XLR Combos:
XLR +21 dBu Max Balanced
¼” TRS Line / HiZ +45 dBu Max Balanced
Analog Outputs 32 x Lines on 4 x D-SUB 25, +27 dBu Max, 50 Ohms
USB I/O Full-Speed; Data stream of 12 Mbit/s, control pannel only, Type B
- Mic Preamp
Gain Programmable gain (Mic Pre/Line): +15 dB ~ 68 dB in 1dB steps
Programmable gain (Line): +15 dB ~ 45 dB in 1dB steps
THD + N -110.5 dB
- Operating Temperature 0-50ºC/32- 122ºF
- Weight (approx. prior) ~6kg/ 13lb approx.
- Dimensions (approx.) Width: 482 mm/19” /Rack/
- Height: 88 mm/3.5” /2U/
- Depth: 210 mm/8.3”
- Power Supply Nominal 100-120 / 220-240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz
- Actual 95-264 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz
- 4 DSUB-25 connector (32-channel outs)
- USB Full Speed interface for software control panel
- Intuitive Control Panel for Windows and OS X
- Software Control Panel - Mic Pre Precision Level Adjustment +/-1dB, 4 channel Hi-Z control, Phantom Power Control 48VDC, Switch Mic Pre / Line Amplifier Range +/-1dB