Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Tube tone galore and an easy to dial in equalizer mean more flavor for your tracks!
Dual-channel tube preamp based on the legendary UA 610 modular console.
Designed by Bill Putnam Sr., the UA 610 modular console is arguably the “Holy Grail” of vintage tube desks. Leaving its imprint on countless classic recordings from Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra, to iconic titles like Van Halen and the Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds, the 610’s tube-powered mic preamp and EQ gave anything run through it startling three-dimensional warmth, presence, and body.
The 2-610 Dual Channel Tube Preamplifier gives you two channels of this legendary piece of music history. Whether you’re running pure analog or enhancing a digital audio workstation, the 2-610 brings classic tube character to any recording project.
Modern Features — Vintage Tone
The 2-610 Dual Channel Tube Preamplifier builds on the foundation of the classic Putnam console by adding enhanced, user-requested features as well as a more modern workflow. Offering features such as extended top-end response and a -15 dB pad — as well as circuit tweaks for improved stability — the 2-610 preamp is perfect for any source and genre.
- All-tube dual channel preamplifier derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- High and Low shelving EQ
- Mic, balanced line and Hi-Z inputs
- Custom wound double sized alloy transformers
- Front panel -15 dB Pad switch
- Improved EQ circuit and more “open” sonics
- Ultra quiet operation
- Updated “silverface” cosmetics; enhanced build quality
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-year limited warranty
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 Ω or 2k Ω
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 13.8 k Ω
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable between 2.2 M Ω or 47 k Ω
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: +3.5 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +20 dBm
- Internal Output Impedance: 60 ohms
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±1 dB
- Max Gain: 61 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 82 dB
- Tube Complement: (1) 12AX7A and (1) 12AT7 per channel
- Power Requirements: 115/230 volts
- Power Consumption: 30 watts
- Weight: 12.25 lbs.
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5"H x 12.25"D (19" Rackmount chassis, 2U)
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.