Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel
Channel Strip featuring Transformer Mic Pre / DI, Equalizer Section and Diode Bridge Compressor
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
0% interest on orders $299 and up* Learn More
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Transformer Gain Mic Pre, Inductor EQ, Diode Bridge Compressor
Over fifty years in the making, the Shelford Channel is the definitive evolution of the original technologies in Rupert’s classic console modules like the 1073, 1064, 1081 & 2254, thoughtfully advanced and refined for the 21st century studio. The Shelford Channel is built around Rupert Neve’s first new transformer-gain, class-A microphone preamplifier in over 40 years, the “best-of-the-classics” inductor EQ section from the Shelford 5052, a tone-packed Diode bridge compressor, the analog power of variable Silk saturation, a new dual-tap transformer output stage for maintaining headroom or allowing the full driving of the Channel without clipping standard converters, and twice the operating voltage of vintage designs.
With richly-colored tonal options for making bold statements with your music, and precisely-engineered detented controls for recall, the vintage-inspired Shelford Channel maintains the soul of Rupert’s classic designs with new levels of versatility, delivering what can only be described as the combined essence of fifty years of Rupert Neve’s designs.
- PREAMP SECTION
- Transformer Gain Mic Input
- Direct Input
- Dual Tap Output
- Silk & Texture
- Ground Lift
- Signal Present LED
- HPF Freq
- LF: +/- 15dB
- Low Freq: Select 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 100 Hz and 220 Hz.
- LF Peak: Switches from shelf to peak mode
- Mid Hi Q: Adjusts bandwidth of Midrange frequencies
- Mid: +/- 15db
- Mid Freq: Select 200 Hz, 400 Hz, 900 Hz, 1.8 kHz, 3.5 kHz and 7.5 kHz
- HF Peak: Switches from shelf to peak mode
- 8k/16k: Select high frequency of 8k or 16k
- HF: +/- 15dB
- COMPRESSOR SECTION
- SIDE CHAIN INSERT JACKS
- Comp In
- Ratio: Select from 1.5:1 (minimal) to 8:1
- SC Insert
- HPF to S/C: Roll off low frequency content in the sidechain to prevent pumping
- Gain: Make-up gain
- Link: Stereo link two units
- Pre EQ: Places equalizer before or after compression
- Blend: Dry vs wet signal
- Fast: Increases attack time
- VU Meter: Calibrated to display both average (RMS) output level and compressor gain reduction
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.