Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Built around many of the topologies and custom transformers made famous with the 5088 mixer and Portico II Series, the 5059 is designed to deliver the ultimate “out of the box” sonics and ergonomics in a 2U, rack-mountable chassis.
The 5059 features 16 channels with individual level, pan, inserts, stereo-2 sends, and master texture controls, providing easy integration with outboard equipment, complete control for two separate stem mixes, and the ability to dial in analogue mojo in two modes. With the same sonic heritage as mixers used to create countless hit records, the 5059 Satellite Mixer imbues tracks with the legendary warmth and presence of a Rupert Neve design.
The Signature of Excellence
The most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound. The keys to the sonic prowess of the 5059 are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and completely eliminate cross-over distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve’s transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert’s classic designs.
One drawback to mixing “in the box” is the inability to use high quality analogue outboard equipment. Channel inserts are provided in the 5059 to streamline interconnections with analogue outboard equipment and to allow for further expansions of the 5059’s capabilities. By connecting a second 5059 to the insert outputs of a 5059, the dual stereo outputs can be used as a way to add 4 auxes to each of the 16 channels.
From Clean to Colored and Everywhere in Between
Every mix demands its own treatment; continuously variable Texture controls with Silk and Silk+ modes allow the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each stereo send of the 5059, or leave each mix pristine. The Silk mode accentuates the transformer saturation in the high frequencies to add a “sparkle” to tracks. The Silk + mode accentuates the saturation of the low frequencies to add thickness and density to any source – especially useful for dry, somewhat anemic mixes. Unlike EQ, the texture control saturates the output transformers, and adds musical harmonics to the source material according to the amount of texture applied.
Stem It or Sum It
Aside from providing aux functionality with a second 5059 module, the dual stereo outputs of the 5059 are generally used for creating stem mixes. These stem mixes can be enhanced using the Silk / Texture controls on the 5059, then processed by buss compressors or other devices, and fed into inputs of another mixer or an ADC.
With 16 channels of Rupert Neve designed class-A magic and numerous tonal and routing options, the 5059 Satellite mixer will elevate your DAW-based studio’s sound and performance to new heights.
Rupert Neve Designs 5059 Satellite
+/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
-3dB @ 3.5Hz / 185kHz
IEC-A-Weighted Buss Outputs: -106dBV Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -104dBV Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -103dBV Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -100dBV
Un-weighted, 22Hz – 22kHz
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -101dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -100dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -97dBV
Signal to Noise
- +20dBu output un-weighted, 22 – 22kHz 116dB
- +20dBu output, IEC A weighted 119dB
- +4dBu output unweighted, 22 – 22kHz 100dB
- +4dBu output, IEC A weighted 103dB
- Summing Busses to XLR outputs, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz +26dBu
- Single Channel to Buss, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz +24.5dBu
Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise
- 1kHz @+20dBu output better than 0.003%
- 20Hz @+20dBu output better than 0.005%
Total Harmonic Distortion, Silk Engaged
- Blue Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock 0.2% typical
- Blue Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW 0.65% typical
- Red Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock 0.1% typical
- Red Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW 0.35% typical
- Buss1 to Buss2
- 1kHz Better than -90dB 10kHz Better than -70dB
- AC Mains, 100VAC to 240VAC, 50/60Hz 45 Watts
- Fuses – not user accessible, internal on power supplies
- Size: 3.5”H (2U), 19”W, 8”D
- Weight: 23lbs
- Shipping size: 22” x 17” x 8”
- Shipping Weight: 25lbs
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.