Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MK2
Stereo Microphone Preamp and DI, Four Band Equalizer with Hi-Pass, Choose Factory or ZenPro Mod
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
This is what happens when an awesome preamp meets a killer EQ, ready for your tracks or your mix!
ZenPro Hi-Pass Mod (Optional, adds $100) Popular for Stereo Mix-Buss Applications
- Corner frequency is changed to 45hZ, making it more suitable for mix buss work
- High quality WIMA capacitors are used in this mod
The DRS-Q4 mk2 is a 4 Band Gyratory-based Eq with 11 selectable frequencies, and Mic, Line, and DI inputs. We know you will be as pleased with it’s sonic qualities as we are. The DRS-Q4 mk2 has the advantages of more than 25 years experience in audio engineering, today’s component and manufacturing technology, but still retaining “that sound” uniquely achievable through Class A design. Phoenix Audio is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete technology used within high build-quality equipment.
The DRS-Q4 mk2 uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2) coupled with our custom wound output transformer, but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete, truly-balanced Mic Input Technology which gives a “valve-like” sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.
The Gyrator EQ circuit was designed around 40 years ago and was originally designed to emulate the characteristics of a coil or inductor EQ circuit without the issues that they can cause, the result is that our EQ circuit found in the DRSQ4M mk2 is a very powerful but musical EQ perfect for sculpting or crafting vocals, drums or instruments etc whilst still being able to be used on mix bus duties.
- 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Chassis size: 19"W x 1.75"H x 11"D
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformer-less, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Phoenix Audio’s custom wound output transformer.
- Microphone/Line input: XLR on Rear Panel
- DI inputs: ¼” TSR Jack on Front Panel
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel (no FETs)
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Yellow = +8dB, corresponding to “4” and “6” on a PPM Meter).
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switch
- High Pass Filter: Roll-off starts at 120Hz @ 12dB per Octave.
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- Gyratory-based EQ Frequency Centres: (4 Bands) High – 15K, 10K, Hi Mid – 6K, 3K, 1K6, Low Mid – 800Hz, 400Hz, 200Hz, Low – 130Hz, 80Hz, 40Hz
- EQ Cut/Boost Levels: 16dB Cut/Boost Per Band with fully detented pots in 21 positions
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable
Phoenix Audio ...
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.