Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Bring some stereo goodness to everything you do with this high gain, big and sweet sounding pre with tube-like air!
Phoenix Audio International (UK) is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete technology used within high build-quality equipment designed for both the professional and the home studio environment.
The DRS-2 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2), but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.
The DRS-2 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry.
The DRS-2 was the first bespoke product to be launched by Phoenix Audio (UK) in the U.K. in November 1999, and has enjoyed an almost cult following ever since. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Nevetm 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Nevetm modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage.
The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design, while the discrete, Class A, high input-impedance DI stage delivers a clearer, stronger and more defined and open sound that captures all the nuances and subtleties of your instrument.
Phoenix Audio The DRS-2 Specifications
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Output specs. See our TF1 Specifications!!
- Outputs: XLR's and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audios unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Microphone inputs: XLR's on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -20dB pad push-button switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button Switches
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, - 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.