Pelonis Sound Model 42 MKII Pair
Near Field Studio Monitor Speaker, Dual Concentric Drivers, Pair + Amp and Cables
Designed from the ground up to reflect the exacting performance standards associated with the Pelonis name, the Model 42 delivers incredibly accurate detail and imaging along with an amazingly musical sonic signature at a price point accessible to engineers, producers and music lovers at all levels.
The ported cabinets feature a striking, innovative rhomboid shape that allows for effortless comprehensive placement, as the inward angle of the front face ensures that the drivers are aimed correctly – they can even be angled up or down! The state of the art concentric multi-fiber woofer encircling a titanium dome tweeter assures the most accurate time domain response of any design, providing a frequency response of 75 Hz-35kHz (±3dB). The bi-amplified system is powered by four 100w amplifiers specifically designed for the Model 42, which are housed in an external module along with audiophile grade active cascading crossovers.
Free software allows for the system to be fine tuned via USB for optimum performance in any environment. The Model 42LF low frequency system designed to flawlessly extend the Model 42’s bass response well below 30 Hz is also available.
Pelonis Sound Model 42 Specifications
- System Type: 4" two-way Dual Concentric speaker
- Frequency Response: 75Hz-35kHz (±3dB)
- System Sensitivity: 90dB (395mV input, 2.83V output @ 1m,
- 1kHz LF output, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Rated Maximum SPL: 106dB (Peak SPL for 1 pair driven,
- 2.0V input @ 1m, -10dBV input sensitivity)
- Dispersion: 60° (-6dB across frequency range)
- THD: 0.6% (2.83V @ 1m, 1kHz LF output, 100Hz-10kHz
- LF Driver : 4" (100mm) multi fiber paper pulp cone)
- LF Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- HF Driver: 0.75" (19mm) titanium dome with neodymium magnet system
- HF Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.