Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
This is an actual DUAL filiment (2,5 micron thin) ribbon mic. Don't confuse this with the single filiment mics you are seeing. These are the real thing, built in Russia using the same technology they have used for over 60 years. The virtually non-existent noise floor means that, used in conjunction with a good pre-amp, it is an ideal mic for digital recording.
The figure-of-eight pattern is almost completely uniform at all frequencies and has many advantages and uses in broadcast and installation due to the negligible sound it picks up from the sides. The ML52 is eminently suited to string and brass instruments giving a sparkling but never harsh overall sound and also gives a particularly pleasing smooth sound to vocals.
Oktava ML-53 Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Figure of eight
- Freq. Response: Hz 20-20000
- Output sensitivity: mV/Pa 1,6
- Aluminium Ribbon: 2.5 micron
- Nominal Output Impedance: 300ohm
- Rated Load Impedance: 1.5 k ohm @ 300ohm / 1 k ohm@ 200ohm
- Maximum SPL: @ 1kHz > 135dB
- Maximum Output Voltage: 1,2V
- Temp. Range: -35degrees C to +45 degrees C
- Relative Humidity: 85% (+25 degrees C)
- Accessories included: Mic holder
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.