Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Punchy, round fantastic tone, this transformer preamp brings weight to your mics!
We'd like to present our Twin All FET discrete Class A Microphone Preamp and DI. The design is based on cascade topology with home-brewed transformers on the input and output. The preamp has two cascades of amplification, first one is the main gain stage and the second one is the output booster. The preamp gain is controlled by the 12-step rotary switch which reaches up to +70dB.
The output volume control is located between the first amplification stage and output booster. Two HPF (40 and 80 Hz) passive LC filters provide great sonic behavior when engaged. The DI High-Z instrument input automatically activates if a 1/4" plug is inserted, at that time the XLR microphone input on the back panel is disconnected. Both HPF can be used when the preamp is used as a DI. All necessary microphone preamp functions such us -20dB pad, phase reversal and +48V Phantom supply for condenser microphones are controlled from the front panel.
The special thing about the M One preamp is our transformer. We carefully collected all available knowledge from old audio masters, classic books...and our own mistakes. As a result our transformers are superior sounding, which you will notice immediately. Our microphone input transformers utilize high grade 80% Ni-Fe alloy core with extremely low distortion.
- All FET discrete, class-A mic preamplifier and DI
- State of the art X-former IN X-former OUT
- Tube-like sound
- Gain and Level selection for maximum tonal variety
- Twin-topology Mic Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
- Dual Gain Stages
- Discrete JFET DI with 2.2 Mohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
- 70db+ of gain, +48 Phantom, Pad(-20dB), Phase Invert
- Two passive High Pass filters, 40Hz and 80Hz
- LED pick indicator
- Rack-Mountable design for Studio, Desktop or Stage
- Front Panel Hi-Z Input (switched from Mic automatically via Jack Detect)
- Rear Panel XLR Mic Input and XLR Line Output
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- Heavy-Duty Metal Construction
- Type: All FET Discrete Microphone Preamplifier & DI Box
- Inputs: Microphone (Female XLR)
- Unbalaced Instrument (1/4" jack) DI on front panel
- Output: Balanced Line (Mail XLR)
- Mic Input Impedance: 300 ohms
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: 2.2M ohms
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Pad: -20dB
- High Pass Filter: 40Hz or 80Hz passive
- Frequency Response:
- Mic Frequency Response: 20Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.2 dBu
- Hi-Z Frequency Response: 20Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.2 dBu
- Distortion: Min THD+Noise @ +4dBu 0.005%
- Mic Range: 12 ~ 70 dBu
- Maximum Mic Input Level Gain @ 1% THD: -7 dBu +8 dBu w/pad
- Maximum Hi-Z Input Level Gain Min 1% THD: +8dBu
- Maximum Output Level into 600 ohms: +23dBu
- Maximum Outputs Level into 100 Kohm: +28dBu
- Maximum Power Consumption: 160mA @120VAC 20W
- Power Requirements: 100-240VAC
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.