Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Special order, usual lead time of 3-4 weeks.
The dummy head has its place, even in the age of surround sound. It is highly recommended by some audio engineers for the rear channels.
The KU 100 dummy head is a binaural stereo microphone. It resembles the human head and has two microphone capsules built into the ears. When listening through high-quality headphones it gives the illusion of being right at the scene of the acoustic events.
When using the KU 100 dummy head, the binaural stereo experience moves the listener into the scene of the original performance, in contrast to other space-related recording techniques, where the acoustic event is moved to the listener.
The dummy head is also used in many industrial applications as a measuring device, for example in acoustic research. The KU 100 can be operated with typical 48 V phantom powering, or from an external power supply unit, or from the built-in battery.
At the bottom of the unit is a switch for the different power supply modes, as well as connectors for balanced and unbalanced output signals. Inside the head are additional switches for 10 dB attenuation and the high-pass filter.
Neumann KU 100 Features
- Dummy head for head-related stereophony
- Pressure transducer with flat diffuse-field frequency response
- Loudspeaker compatible
- Transformerless circuitry
- Two-stage switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10 dB preattenuation
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs (XLR and BNC)
Neumann KU 100 Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure transducer
- Directional pattern Ear
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms balanced, 200 ohms unbalanced
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 29 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 16 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 65 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 78 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) 135 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% with preattenuation2) 145 dB
- Maximum output voltage 1950 mV
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted) 119 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 200 ... 240 V / 48 V ± 4 V / 6 x 1.5 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 2 x 2 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F / XLR5F
- Weight 3500 g
- Height 280 mm
- Width 180 mm
- Depth 220 mm
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.