Cardioid Condenser Microphone, matched pair, black chrome finish, includes mic clips and Pelican brand hard case
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Josephson Engineering C42 is an all-purpose cardioid condenser microphone suitable for multiple recording applications including spot miking acoustic and amplified instruments, drums and drum overheads, ensemble and choir pickups, concert recording, sound effects and vocals. Standard C42 microphones are satin machined stainless steel for years of rugged use.
C42 electronics feature a selected discrete FET driving a fully balanced symmetrical transformerless discrete class-A output stage. The output impedance is low enough that very long cable runs may be used without signal degradation. Although the microphone is specified for full P48 phantom power, it will function with phantom power as low as 24 volts, with some limitation in maximum SPL.
A single mic version in stainless steel finish is available with mic clip and pouch.
- Output Level, mV/Pa: 8.5
- Frequency Response (at 60 cm) 40-20,000 Hz ± 2 dB from curve
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weighted: ≤ 21 dB
- Maximum SPL (with P48 power): 135 dB
- Output Impedance: 50Ω (recommended load ≥ 1K Ω)
- Power Requirements: P48 phantom power, 4.5 mA
- Temperature Range: -10 to +50°C
- Dimensions: 21mm diameter, 98mm long
- Weight: 80 grams (< 3 ounces)
- Connector 3 pin XLR type, pin 2 positive polarity
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.