Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Fredenstein Bento 6S is a high performance module carrier for Fredenstein Series 600 modules or API-500 compatible plug-in cards. The unit can accept a maximum of 6 modules.
The Bento 6 features several important upgrades compared with third party products:
- Universal power supply: Mains voltages range from 90V AC to 240V AC, 50 to 60 Hz.
- Increased output currents: +/-16V DC 1.6A and +48V DC 0.15A, 533mA per slot which is about 3 times more than the standard calls for.
The Bento 6S power supply is also designed for extremely low noise largely due to state of the art switching regulators that operate above 200 kHz, which is typically higher in frequency than most conventional switching regulators. They also follow “green” guidelines that minimize power consumption to only what is needed.
Other features include the capability to drive very large capacitive loads. Most other switching supplies might oscillate if presented with large capacitors to charge. The Bento 6S ramps up in a controlled manner (typically 0.2 seconds). Also unlike most +/- switching regulators, both the +16V and -16V are regulated separately and provide separate current protection.
- Auxiliary Audio Inputs and Outputs
- Built-in Audio Routing: Modules can be daisy-chained by simply flipping switches on the back- panel.
- Compressor buss linking: Compressor modules can be linked by engaging switches on the back- panel as well.
- Multi-Layer Backplane: Increased signal integrity and lower noise floor.
- Ground-lift switch: In case of ground loops, the audio ground and the protective ground can be disconnected. Please use only if absolutely necessary.
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.