Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Blend valves and FETs for quality compression. The 1968 MkII is a 1U Tube/FET ‘stereo bus’ compressor which by design delivers a transparent ‘open’ sound even during periods of heavy compression.
The original Drawmer 1960 used a tube stage at the front of the compressor, whilst the 1968 MkII utilisies a J-FET (Field Effect Transistor) gain reduction circuit that operates faster than an opto-isolator. The compressor uses a 12AX7 tube makeup gain amplifier where you can add, with the Output Gain control, up to 20 dB of additional gain. The need for a ratio control has been removed as the compressor operates on the soft knee principle where the onset of compression is progressive.
The 1968 MkII expands attack times to six choices: 2, 9, 15, 25, 30 and 50 ms. Release times come in three fixed times (100ms, 500 ms and 1 second) and three program-dependent choices--200 ms to 2 sec, 500 ms to 5 sec and 1 to 10 seconds--all program-dependent and automatic.
The 1968 MkII provides full sidechain access for connecting an external equalizer for vocal stressing or de-essing.
Featured on both channels is a switchable ‘BIG’ and ‘BIGGER’ mode which applies less processing to the fundamental low frequency but still disciplines the upward associated harmonics which if untamed can result in a ‘boomy’ or ‘boxy’ sound. The result - a solid bottom end with enhanced sub-bass and a smoother, wider frequency response overall. This lets the operator use more compression on an overall mix with less pumping action caused by a kick and/or bass instrument.
The outputs of Channels 1 and 2 are monitored on two yellow illuminated VU meters - with a red warning glow to signify ‘approaching clipping’. A three-position switch adjusts the meters to show either normal output level, gain reduction or VU +10dB mode, which re-scales the meter for users working at ‘hot’ output levels.
An output switch selects normal compressor output, hard-wired bypass and sidechain listen.
Drawmer 1968 MKII Features
- 2 Channel Tube/FET Compressor
- 2 soft-knee compressors with variable threshold, attack, release and output gain
- Switchable BIG and BIGGER control on each channel
- Dual mono or true stereo link operation
- Side chain access and side chain listen facility
- VU metering of gain reduction and output levels
- Switchable +10dB mode on VU re-scales the meter for users working at ‘hot’ output levels
- VU red warning glow to signify ‘approaching clipping’
- Balanced +4dB XLR in/outs
- Expanded the BIG to include BIGGER - setting the filters to 75Hz and 150Hz
- Added internal jumpers that can be configured to remove the soft clip section
- Added internal jumpers to make the output hotter by 6dB, if required
- Improvement have been made to the PSU to lower the noise floor
Drawmer 1968 C...
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.