Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
It's the "point and shoot" of stereo recording, classic blumlein setup all in one microphone!
The X-15 Stereo ribbon microphone houses two separate matched ribbon motors that are positioned one above the other. The elements are offset 90 degrees and are configured in the Blumlein setup. Stereo separation is superb and off-axis coloration is minimal. Add in the excellent sensitivity and frequency response range the X-15 will produce an audio that is second to none.
The fit and finish are of top quality and includes a premium suspension shockmount, thick padded leatherette pouch and an upgraded aluminum case. Package also includes a 20ft. 5-Pin XLR cable that connects directly to a splitter cable that Y's to two 3-PIN MALE XLR connectors for connection to outboard gear.
Legendary symmetrical ribbon design is incorporated into the X-15
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon element the new Cascade X-15 houses two hand-tuned ribbon elements that incorporate the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly.
This Package Includes
- X-15 Stereo Ribbon Microphone with Lundahl Transformer
- Aluminum case
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Thick padded vinyl pouch
- 20ft. 5-Pin XLR cable
- Splitter cable for left right channels
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
- Lundahl Upgrade Mod
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -51.7 dB +/- 2dB (2.6 mV/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: Heavy gauge 5-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 1 1/4" (O.D. grill), overall length 9 1/2", 1" (O.D. body)
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.