Cascade Vin-Jet Stereo Pair
Ribbon Microphone Stereo Matched Pair with Case, Stereo Bar and Shock Mounts, Factory Transformer
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
That classic long ribbon sound delivers size and smooth presence to your tracks!
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16” long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon. This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a new kind of magnetic material developed in the 1980s with excellent magnetic characteristics in terms of a high-energy product, high coercive force etc. It is the strongest and most powerful magnetic material up to now and regarded as The King of Magnet.
This Package Includes
- (2) VIN- JET Ribbon Microphones with Factory Transformer
- Aluminum flight case
- Stereo Blumlein Bar
- (2) Premium shockmount
- (2) Drawcord cloth storage pouch
- (2) Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Lundahl Upgrade Mod
Cascade Vin-Jet Specifications
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- 165dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body); Overall length 8 3/8"
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.