Cascade FAT HEAD Stereo Pair Brown / Gold Lundahl
Stereo Matched Ribbon Microphone Pair, Includes Case, Stereo Bar and Shock Mounts, Lundahl Transformer
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Stereo pair of classic short ribbon design ribbon mics, available in two color combo options and optional Lundahl transformer upgrade!
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon the new Cascade FAT HEAD houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly. This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use. The FAT HEAD warm full-bodied signature and increased sensitivity is what you would expect and demand from a professional ribbon microphone and the FAT HEAD delivers. The FAT HEAD is suited for guitar cabinets, drum over-heads, vocal, piano, horns, strings, and much more.
This Package Includes
- (2) FAT HEAD Ribbon Microphones (Brown and Gold Finish with Lundahl Transformer)
- Aluminum case
- Stereo Blumlien Bar
- (2) Premium suspension shockmount
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
Cascade Fat Head Color Options
- Brown Body & Gold Grill
- Black Body & Silver Grill
Cascade Fat Head Transformer Options
- Lundahl Upgrade Mod
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum,
- 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 6 1/2", 1" (O.D. body)
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.