Cascade FAT HEAD II Stereo Pair Bundle Description
Choose finish, and stock or transformer upgrades.
The Cascade FAT HEAD offers the natural and open sound associated with the finest ribbon microphones. You will find that when recording acoustic guitars, guitar cabinets, vocals, drum over-heads, and countless other types of instruments, the ribbon microphone will produce the warmth that is vital to today's digital recording environment. We firmly believe you will also agree that this microphone will make a great addition to your collection.
We inspect the audio and build quality of each and every Cascade microphone before it leaves our shop, once you try one...you'll be a believer.
FAT HEAD II Upgrades: Polished nickel grill, neck and nut with a larger body, plus a heavy-duty premium shockmount. Sonically the same as the standard FAT HEAD.
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 30 - 18,000 Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 165 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)
- FAT HEAD II Stereo Pair Microphones
- Aluminum case
- Blumlein Stereo Adaptor Bar
- 2 Premium suspension shockmounts
- 2 Drawcord cloth storage pouches
- 2 Micro-fiber cleaning cloths
- Specifications and typical measurement report