Cascade DR-2 Stereo Pair Lundahl
Stereo Pair Dual Ribbon Design Microphones, Passive Figure 8 Design, Lundahl Transformer
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Cascade DR-2 is a passive, dual-ribbon design with a symmetrical figure-of-8 pickup pattern. Unlike offset ribbon designs, this microphone produces equal (but out-of-phase) response from the front and back sides of the motor, making it useful as the “side” channel in a mid-side setup, or within a Blumlein array.
The ribbons are corrugated aluminum measuring 1.5'' in length and 0.15'' in width, mounted parallel 5/8'' apart. The design intent of using two ribbons is to increase sensitivity,
The ribbon motors are housed within a mesh grille. The mic provides no other screening or blast filtering, which likely has the benefit of reducing unwanted resonance but does expose the ribbon elements to contamination. The use of a pop filter when tracking vocals is recommended.
The frequency response is slightly elevated from 40Hz to 100Hz, flat through 4000Hz, and rolls off through 15,000Hz.
This Package Includes
- (2) DR-2 Dual Ribbon Microphone, Lundahl Transformer
- (2) Microphone Clip
- (2) Leatherette Storage Pouch
- Blumlein Stereo Bar
Cascade DR-2 Options
- Cascade DR-2, Factory Transformer
- Cascade DR-2, Lundahl Transformer
- Cascade DR-2 Stereo Pair, Factory Transformer
- Cascade DR-2 Stereo Pair, Lundahl Transformer
- Type: Dual Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.0 micron
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Frequency Response: 25Hz to 9KHz
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.