Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CV-28 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's & 1960's...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CV-28 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CV-28 as a primary acoustic instrument mic...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CV-28 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results. 3-Pattern Tube Microphone w/interchangeable 19mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies. Military-grade -15 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
Avantone CV-28 Features
- Avantone CV-28 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-28 Proprietary Power supply with cables
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- 3 Interchangeable 19mm Capsules ( Cardioid, Omni, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- Owners Manual
Avantone CV-28 Specifications
- Type: Tube-type Condenser
- Polar Pattern: 3 patterns via interchangeable capsules (Omni, Cardioid, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa � 34dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Tube Type: Select Military-Grade 6J1B
- High-Pass Switch: High-Grade 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: High-Grade -15dB Switch
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-28 POWER SUPPLY w/switchable 115/230VAC Capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.