Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
The Avantone “Cabernet (C-series)” mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The CV-12 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950’s & 1960’s…but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CV-12 as a primary vocal mic…It exudes class visually as well as sonically. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
The versatile CV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
Avantone CV12 Features
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ dual 32mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF metal roll off toggle switches
- Hand selected Russian made 6072A Tube
- Each CV-12 Mic has a serial number
Avantone CV12 Specifications
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser Microphone
- Capsule: Dual-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns selectable at PS-12 power supply
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level: <17dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dB
- Sensitivity: -35dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Tube Type: 6072A
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB Switch
- Power Requirements: Dedicated PS-12 Power Supply w/ selectable 115/230 VAC capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Weight: .8 kgs / 1.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm / 9.5" x 1.8"
Avantone CV12 Includes
- Avantone CV-12 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic bands
- Avantone PS-12 Multi-Pattern Power supply with cables
- Elegant padded genuine wooden mic box
- Premium Grade 6072A Tube
- Padded aluminum storage / travel case
- Owner's Manual
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.