Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone, Pad and Bass Roll Off, Optional Swappable Capsules Available
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Ideal for professional recording and critical applications in broadcast, this versatile studio performer may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The AT4051b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4051b-EL cardioid head capsule (both available separately). Additional interchangeable capsules are available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and hypercardioid (AT4053b-EL).
Audio-Technica AT4051b Features
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- High front-to-back rejection ratio—cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Audio-Technica AT4051b Specifications
- ELEMENT Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- POLAR PATTERN Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE 50 ohms
- NOISE 16 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- SWITCH Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- WEIGHT 126 g (4.4 oz)
- DIMENSIONS 155.0 mm (6.10") long,
- 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.