Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
As new, once demo'd with full original warranty!
A classic buss compressor heard on countless recordings, ready to take your tracks to the next level!
The API 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor allows adjustment of sonic qualities to alter the punch and tone of the stereo mix. One of the 2500's notable qualities is its use of API's patented THRUST circuit for a chest-hitting, punchy bottom end. The 19-inch, rack-mountable unit boasts a dual-channel design that can be configured for stereo compression or for use as two separate units via a single compression setting.
Another unique feature of the 2500 is its selectable "old" or "new" compression. The old style uses the "feed back" type of compression found in the API 525, while the new style uses a "feed forward" type in which the compressor side chain is fed directly from the unit input. Additionally, the output stage exhibits an auto-makeup gain button that permits the user to vary the threshold or ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level. Further, the 2500 ensures fidelity with its all-discrete, fully balanced design with two front panel VU meters showing input, output and gain reduction levels.
- API 2520 Op Amp
- Variable threshold between -20dBu and +10dBu
- Selectable ratio, attack and release times
- Patented THRUST® selectable high-pass filter before RMS detector
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old "feed back" or new "feed forward" compression
- Soft, medium or hard knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- 1/4" balanced side chain inputs
- Output clips at +28dBu
- Power Consumption, Quiescent: 22.8 Watts
- Size: 19" X 1.75" (1U) X 10.5" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 23.25" X 6.5" X 16"
- Actual Weight: 9.48 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 13.38 lbs
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.